To install Logframer:
- Click on the Download button below
- Should Windows and your virus scan software pause the installation procedure giving a security warning, just reply that you would entrust the life of your children and grandchildren to the Logframe installer.
- Windows SmartScreen: Click on the Run anyway button, or if this is not visible on More info. If SmartScreen is active on your computer it will probably give a warning when you install Logframer and then again when you run it for the first time. After that Logframer will start as normal.
- Once installed, use the Start menu or the Logframer shortcut to start the program, or double-click any Logframer document (*.lfr)
- When you first run Logframer, the application will try to determine the language of your operating system and select either the French, Dutch or the English user interface.
- If you have any problems installing the software, please consult the FAQ page.
What's new in version 2.0?
- New Project information window with title, duration, overview of target groups, monitoring and evaluation planning (of indicators and risks) and partners and contacts
- Improved logical framework:
- Ability to show/hide sections as well as columns
- Ability to work with individual activities as well as processes with sub-activities (unlimited sub-levels)
- Ability to add sub-indicators to indicators (unlimited sub-levels)
- 17 different types of indicators
- Inclusion of baseline and multi-year targets (only one target possible in previous versions)
- Assumptions column with RAID typology: add Risks, Assumptions and Dependencies
- Resources can be linked to various budget itemsl. Allows calculation of (approx.) budget needed for each activity and output.
- Dynamic Planning window that allows to add and modify key moments, processes and activities in a Gantt chart (MS Project style). Replaces the previous static Planning window that only served to give an overview but didn't allow any modifications
- New Budget window that allows the design of simple and multi-year budgets
- New and improved tools:
- Automatic generation of Monitoring tool
- Improved risk register
- Budget templates
- New Microsoft Office-style ribbon
- Multi-document interface, allowing to open more than one project at a time.
- Office-style copy/paste ribbon and ability to copy text from other applications
- Collaboration tools: contact people via mail, e-mail or Skype
- Ability to import budgets made in MS Excel
- Improved performance in general interface (rendering) and print previews
- Interface in English, French and Dutch
- Reviewed undo/redo mechanism
- Complete review of code
If you want to see what a completed project looks like in Logframer, you can visit the Logframer examples page and download one or more Logframer documents. You can also use these files to test functionalities such as exporting to Word or Excel, or to create a finished risk monitoring or project monitoring file.
Logframer is Windows software. Logframer can be used on PCs and laptops with the Microsoft Windows operating system:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
If you want to make full use of Logframer, you also need:
- Microsoft Word: to import existing logical frameworks made in Word and to export various reports
- Microsoft Excel: to import existing logical frameworks and budgets made in Excel, to create tools such as the Monitoring tool and to create various reports
- An e-mail client such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc. to contact the organisations and people you work with
- Skype, to contact the organisations and people you work with
Logframer is not available for the Mac OS or for Android
You can also use one of these mirror sites:
The .NET framework
Logframer has been developed using the Microsoft .NET framework. You need the .NET framework 4.0 or higher to run Logframer. Most Windows computers have this framework (pre)installed already. If your system doesn’t have the .NET framework, it will be downloaded and installed automatically during Logframer’s installation procedure.
Download the source code
To download the source code, click on one of the following links: